Last Friday I was at the M.A.C Selena global launch in Corpus Christi, TX. I’m lucky enough to live in San Antonio which is a quick 2 hour-ish drive to CC. One of my blogging besties, Marisa from Mexi Moments set everything up and drove us down there.
On the way to Corpus I watched interviews that Suzette (Selena’s sister) and Chris (Selena’s husband) had done earlier this month. I really enjoyed getting some behind-the-scenes info and thought you’d like it too! I grew up listening to Selena’s music and I believe she is still a positive and encouraging role model. I hope my daughter will one day enjoy and dance to her music as much as I still do.
7 Things You Didn’t Know About Selena
- Selena’s clothing line had made it into JCPenny stores back in the day.
- Selena would spend her “quiet time” flipping through fashion magazines while her husband played the guitar. How cute is that!
- Selena was working on a makeup line when she passed. Is it any coincidence that M.A.C picked this up and this launch became the largest in M.A.C history?! Ps. There was also this petition from her fans!
- Selena never travelled with a makeup or hair person. What?!! Crazy, right? Talk about a natural beauty!
- Selena was doing a correspondence course to earn a business degree. Smart & Beautiful!
- Selena’s sister Suzette still has her makeup case. She sent pictures of Selena’s makeup to M.A.C and this is how this #MACSelena line is really all about Selena.
- Want to know Selena’s off-stage-every-day-look? Nude-style lipstick, light foundation, mascara, hair pulled back. Wearing jeans and a t-shirt. That sounds like the perfect low-maintenance, Latina beauty style I can keep up with!
M.A.C Selena Highlights
Got my outfit ready for tomorrow! Heading to #corpuschristi to the #macselena premiere. My jeans, shirt and hat are all from #slinkjeans these jeans are sooo comfortable and stylish. ? @meximoments has a pair too and loves them! If you’re a #curvygirl you def. want to check these out www.slinkjeans.com ❤️❤️❤️ @slink_jeans thank you! ? #curves #loveyourbody #fullfigurefashion #ootd
I found these lovely ladies at the #MACSelena event. They were in line at 2:30 am and were among the first to shop! Can you believe the one in the middle is the mom?!!
Thank you #slinkjeans for celebrating the amazing #MacSelena World Premiere with us! Photo credit to @funmakeup505 ? #meximoments #lovemoreliveblessed #SlinkJeansatMacSelena #slinkjeansbabes #bloglife #lifestyleblogger #latinabloggers #psblogger #plussize #plus #curves #ootd #psootd #fullfigurefashion #curvygirl #loveyourbody #positivevibes #selflove
We found this beauty, Hazel who was kind enough to take our picture when my camera stopped working. And our phones were dead.
Later we found out that all the M.A.C makeup artists at the event had won a contest to be there. That meant only the true fans of Selena and best of the best were there. Look at her entry–she used body paint to transform herself into Selena!
I would just like to take a moment to say how greatful i am for having the opportunity to be close to You and even more thankful for giving me the opportunity to share my story with you. Thank you for listening and for just making my dream come true. I felt Selena in my heart as if she really was there and I also went into time to those days when all I wanted was to be like her and now I think I do even more. God bless you for being who you are and staying Humble. This day will stay in my heart forever @suzettesyld @selenaqofficial #macselena #macselenacontest
Take a moment to follow Marisa, Funmakeup505 and Slink Jeans on Instagram.
Do you get the Resource Page?
Each week I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!