It’s Thursday! This is a series that I am working on with several other bloggers called Ask Away Thursday. We are a group of mom bloggers who get together once a month to answer parenting/life questions. Raising kids, playing with kids, feeding kids–pretty much anything that has to do with kids can leave us feeling stressed. Are we doing the right things? How will our kids turn out? Let’s take on this parenting world together!
If you have a parenting question, be sure to send it our way: email@example.com and it may be featured in a future post!
Today we have a question that I know a lot of us moms also think about!
How much time should I spend playing with my kids?
Sometimes it’s really hard for me to because I’m just not interested in playing.
I personally do not feel like it’s a time issue. I feel as if it’s more of a quality issue. Let’s say I do invest 2 hours a day playing with my toddler or my 10 year old. Does that still count if I am always checking my social media instead of engaging with them? I don’t think so. I want to give my children my undivided attention. In all honesty, I do not play with my kids every single day. That doesn’t mean I love them any less.
When we spend quality time together it’s doing things we all enjoy like:
- Family game night. It gets a little difficult with the 2 yr old playing UNO so we switch it up and play Pie Face . So MUCH fun!!
- Biking. My husband and I bought cruisers and added a child seat to my bike. We love going out as a family. Great exercise too. You should see my daughter grinning from ear to ear. Warms my heart!
- Movie night. We all get into comfy PJ’s and choose a family friendly movie.
- Card games. My son and I will play a few rounds of speed at night once the toddler is in bed. I’m the champion so far no losses!
I’m sure your kids know you love them! Don’t worry about the time. Give your kids the gift of your full attention when you spend quality time together. I’m sure they will appreciate you so much more.
You can also check out my Kids board on Pinterest. I have so many pins on there of fun activities to try with kids from babies to 18! While you are there don’t forget to follow me! 🙂
I think the best part of #AskAwayThursday is reading the input from the other blogger moms. You can check them out below:
Rachel @ Don’t Call Me Supermom
Monica @ A Mother Loving Mess
Marisa @ Called to Mothering
Do you get the Resouce Page?
Each week (or every other week) I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!
- Cool stuff I find out about.