Sometime last week my mom (who is an amazing cook of mostly Mexican cuisine) tried something new. She made these Bacon Wrapped Avocado Bites which I loved! The combination of bacon and avocado is soooo good! Who would have thought?! My husband and I ate these right up because helllooo they were awesome and 2. they’re a low carb appetizer!
My husband and I are doing our best to eat cleaner. We’ve cut out breads, pasta and rice.
We’ve been eating eggs, cheese, low carb wraps, homemade chicken salad, salads, bacon, chicken, beef (my husband cooks an amazing steak!) and I can’t get enough of steamed veggies and sweet potatoes.
I’ve been using my Instapot to get dinner done faster and I’ve been so inspired to cook pretty much every single night. I can make boiled eggs for the whole week, sweet potatoes for me and Gabby for breakfast, but the best thing so far was a beef roast that was ready within 50 mins. Craaazzzy!!
Sorry, I just love my Instapot so I got off track.
Ps. I love it so much I bought my sister one! 😉
Bacon Wrapped Avocado Bites
- 16 slices of bacon
- 2-3 avocados
- Ranch ** as a dipping sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut your avocados into 16 slices
- Wrap the slices with bacon
- Bake for 35 mins for crispier bacon.
So you know that in crafting and cooking I love (and need) simple ideas. Like these Sweet & Simple Valentine’s Day Treats. This appetizer recipe is the simplest right?
I feel like I wouldn’t stress too much at making appetizers because I know I can make these avocado bites up quickly and they’ll be a hit. And if they’re not a hit, I won’t care, ’cause more for me!
What are your favorite game day or holiday appetizers?
These appetizers in my Thanksgiving posts have been shared over 4,000 times on Pinterest check them out!
You can PIN this recipe here:
Do you get the Resource Page?
Each week I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!