Sponsored post, all opinions are my own.
Car buying can be stressful. You can spend hours at a dealership just looking at cars and test driving your favorite vehicle. And before you know it the whole day is gone! Plus you have to do paperwork, so there goes a few more hours before you can take that car off the lot!
I’ve purchased two vehicles from a car dealership and learned a bit along the way. I hope this information helps you on your car buying journey!
DO YOUR RESEARCH
Make a list of the make and models of vehicles you want to test drive. Do a Google search with the type of vehicle you want + common problems or recalls.
It’s important to know the common issues that are going with the vehicle you may want to buy. You really don’t want to invest thousands of dollars into a car or truck that’s not going to last for the length of the loan. Or one that will cost you tons of money in repairs while you own it!
You can also check out Cars.com, it’s packed full of car information and tons of videos and reviews.
KNOW YOUR CREDIT SCORE
You’ll get a better rate on your car loan when your credit score is higher. Make sure to check your credit score before you go to the dealership. If you have credit cards with Discover or Capital One you can check your score for free.
PLAN FOR THE CAR BUYING EXPERIENCE
Don’t get frustrated when you realize you spent an entire day looking for a car and you didn’t find anything. It’s best to be patient and stay within your budget instead of being inpatient and buying something you’ll regret later.
You might not find anything the first week or weekend that you look. That’s okay. Keep researching.
Remember, the car buying experience is long and drawn out. Pack snacks in your purse or plan a lunch break at a new restaurant.
THINGS TO CONSIDER IF YOU HAVE KIDS
- How many kids will you be driving around?
- Is there enough room in the vehicle for everyone?
- Will your car seat fit?
- Is safety a top rated feature of this vehicle?
- Are the child locks easy to engage?
Do you have a tip I should add? Let me know in the comments.
Do you get the Resource Page?
Each week I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!