If you’ve read this post, this post or this post, you know I like to do fun things with my kids. I love celebrating things big and small and making some days extra special for the kids. I’m sure you do too.
Why do we do this? Because it’s fun bonding time with our families! I’d love to show you how to make the holidays extra special without spending too much money. Because it should be about quality time not about how much you’re spending to make your kids happy. Right?
I think so.
My sister and I teamed up and planned a simple, but fun Christmas party for our kids. We had a lot of fun and would not have been to do this without the fun games and prizes we ordered from Oriental Trading.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Oriental Trading Co. All opinions are my own.
Planning A Christmas Party For Kids
- Set the date and location.
- Send out invites. You can do a FB invite, just call people or even make a CUTE invite with Picmonkey templates. I was playing around with the templates on Picmonkey yesterday and fell in LOVE!
- Choose the games you will play. We had 4 kids total at the after school party so we chose 3 games:
- Serve sweets! My sister was kind enough to
buy these from Targetprepare treats for us! This is the best part of a simple party, we served the kids Christmas cookies and cupcakes. Totally ruined their dinner but it turned out ok. Serving finger foods is an easy way to keep the party going, less clean up and less mess.
- Make it fun for the kids, play with them! I put on Christmas music, we tried to do a mannequin challenge and we had tons of fun with BINGO.
That’s pretty much it. You can plan a fun afterschool or weekend party with kids and it doesn’t have to cost a lot.
Stocking Stuffer Idea
I ordered an assortment of novelty toys for the prizes and to use as stocking stuffers. For this party I chose a handful of items from the stocking stuffer assortment and each kid won a bag full of little toys and candy.
The package I ordered included things like:
- several Christmas shaped note pads
- Christmas pencils with erasers (my kids loved the pencils!)
- different card games like Old Maid and Go Fish
- mini coloring books
- paddle ball thingy
I did save some items to include as stocking stuffers for this year.
Don’t forget to PIN!
If you still need to pick up stocking stuffers or games to keep the kiddos busy on Christmas check out Oriental Trading. I really think you’ll find everything you need for this Christmas!
Don’t forget to use Ebates when you are shopping online, it’s free and you’ll earn cash back from your online shopping!
Looking for a deal at Oriental Trading? Visit their coupon page for the latest in sales.
Sign up today and I'll email you this cute printable so you can keep track of your Christmas Traditions this year and make long-lasting memories!