Arroz con leche reminds me of home. It’s such a comfort food and as a kid I ate so many bowls of this creamy goodness!
I can’t get away with eating arroz con leche now because it’s a bit much on the calorie side. My grandma used regular milk and a few cans of evaporated milk along with tons of sugar.
I decided to lighten up my grandmas recipe using almond milk but adding in Nestle’s Media Crema to keep it creamy.
Media Crema is a shelf-stable cream that can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. I’ve even seen the crema added to guacamole!
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 4 cups of almond milk
- 1/2 - 1 tsp of cinnamon (to your liking)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can of media crema
- 2 tsp sugar (to your liking) OR honey
- Mix all ingredients into a medium saucepan set at medium.
- Bring to a slow boil, place on low heat. Stir occasionally.
- Simmer for 10 minutes while stirring.
- Serve hot with more cinnamon and/or honey on top .
The best part of the recipe is that it’s easy since I use up leftover rice. And I love that it’s a healthier version of my favorite childhood comfort food.
Gabby loved the arroz served hot or cold!
Do you get the Resource Page?
Each week I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!