We try to have pizza night a few times a month, we love pizza! But, I really don’t like the cost of order in pizza, it can be expensive! So, in our home we make our own homemade pizza and homemade pizza sauce more often than not! The kids love the pizza and I love saving money and serving up an easy dish. You’ll really love how easy this “recipe” is. Literally just throw it all together and set in your slow cooker. This is something I usually make on my prep days, that way I can keep on eye on the sauce as it cooks. My small slow cooker is a beast and heats up really hot, even on low. I try to watch what I make in that one. This recipes makes enough for a pasta dinner or for pizza AND enough to freeze. Just be sure you leave some room at the top of your container and let cool completely before sticking in the the freezer.
Homemade pizza nights are a great way to get your kids to help in the kitchen and spend some quality time together! Read this post for more ideas about spending time with your kids.
I will be posting my favorite pizza crust recipes soon, don’t miss any new posts! Sign up for updates, it’s free and easy!
- 2-29oz cans tomato sauce
- 4-12oz cans tomato paste
- 2 T Italian Seasoning
- 2 T oregano
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1tsp salt
- Mix all ingredients into a crockpot and place on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Use for your favorite pasta dish or homemade pizzas! I love this for our homemade pizzas!
- I like to freeze the leftover sauce in old glass sauce containers so I can always have some on hand.
If you’re looking for a great homemade crust check this great one out here! This is the crust recipe I used for the pizza pictured above.
Do you get the Resource Page?
Each week I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!