Sometimes I wish I could wake up on weekend mornings and hang out in my PJ’s while drinking a mug of coffee, you know, quiet time. Enjoying a book or some bible reading. A mom can dream… 🙂 The weekends go by too fast around here! My daughter is usually up and demanding food right away. I’d have to be up at 6am to get a little quiet time, and that’s just not happening! So I use my weekend mornings to meal prep for the week. I like having homemade snacks ready for my kids. These muffins are one of our favorites!
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins are great for weekend snacking or as on-the-go breakfast bites during the week. I like to bake on weekend mornings to help save time during the week. I love easy recipes and I love baking. This recipe is quick to prep and bake. I love using up ripe bananas by making banana bread. I think you’ll love how easy the recipe is and if you don’t have coconut sugar on hand you can sub for regular sugar. No worries! My kids ate these up in less than 5 mins. Hope you and your kids enjoy them too!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for some products that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links I typically earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thanks for helping me keep my blog up and running!
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar OR 1/2 cup regular sugar
- 1 egg
- 2tsp vanilla
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1tsp cinnamon (you can add more, I always do)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour (I used 1 cup white flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin pan.
- Place bananas in stand mixer, using the paddle attachment mash bananas.
- Add melted butter. Mix in for a few seconds.
- Mix in sugar, egg and vanilla, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix again.
- Add in the flour, mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips, once again mix until just combined.
- Using an icecream scoop fill each muffin tin to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 min. I would check at 20.
What muffins do your kids enjoy? Leave a comment and/or link to your favorite muffin recipe!
Do you get the Resouce Page?
Each week (or every other week) I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!
- Cool stuff I find out about.