Summer is coming to an end. At least on the calendar it is. For those of us who live in the southern states we may have summer-like weather most of the year. (Raise your hand if you live in Texas.) But, even if it doesn’t feel like we are approaching fall the truth is that school starts in like 2 weeks! No more lazy weekends or weekdays. I am totally pouting right now because the kids are still very much in summer mode and we aren’t ready for school just yet! I was checking out the Groupon website today. I wanted to find a few deals on some frugal family activities we can do before back-to-school is officially here.
Here are a few things I found at Groupon that we want to do!
- General Admission for 4 people to Splashtown for $84 We tried out Splashtown and had so much fun! I think this is such a fun place for teens and tweens and toddlers! I really want to go back and take my 3 year-old daughter.
- Burgers and Pizza at Babe’s Old Fashion Hamburgers . For this Groupon you can choose between two options:
- $7.50 for $12 worth of burgers and pizza
- $24 for two Groupons, each good for $20 worth of burgers and pizza fare ($40 total value)
We usually do one out of town family vacation during summer. This summer we went to Port Aransas, Texas! A gorgeous island! We also do one staycation where we spend the day being tourists in San Antonio and stay in a fun hotel. This is fun for us because it’s cheaper than going out of town, there is less packing involved and it’s just nice being closer to home.
If you’re in San Antonio and thinking about a staycation check out these hotels on Groupon.
Happy end of summer!! Are you read for Back-to-School?
Do you get the Resource Page?
Each week I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!