This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MoreMomentsWithExcedrin #CollectiveBias
Planning out a girls trip is easy. Gather up ideas. Pick a place everyone will have fun and get out of town! Sounds easy right?
It’s really not! When you plan something with me there’s a good chance I’ll have to back out. Maybe last minute. I bet you’re asking “why” right now.
Well, I have kids, I help take care of my grandmother and sometimes headaches kick my butt!
I have a pretty high tolerance for pain but, headache pain is something I do not like to deal with. I hate the feeling of a throbbing head. I hate not being able to concentrate. I hate the pain!
That’s why I almost backed out (at the last minute) when I woke up with a headache on the morning of a planned girls trip.
A few of my beautiful friends and I had planned to drive to Fredericksburg, TX to shop, sip wine and have lunch on Main street. You guys know I love wine and shopping, so I really didn’t want to miss this trip!
At the onset of the headache I took 2 Excedrin® Extra Strength, I drank a tall glass of water and I had a light breakfast of toast and cream cheese. I waited in bed for the headache to ease away and before you know it I was up and getting ready for a wonderful Texas day in the Hill Country!
I would have missed so much if I would have let a headache get in my way. Not just the gorgeous town, the wine tasting, cute shops and great food….but I would have missed the memories with my friends.
The laughing so loud we’re sure we’ll be asked to hush! Recounting the last few times we met up and the silly things we did. Catching up on what’s going on in our lives.
I’m so glad I could count on Excedrin® Extra Strength to take care of my headache, Excedrin products deliver fast relief for many different types of headaches.
Having girl time is good for the soul. Having good friends to count on and laugh with is priceless!
I use Excedrin® Extra Strength for headaches during the day.
I also grabbed Excedrin® PM Headache. I can’t fall asleep if I have a headache. I end up tossing and turning all night which causes a headache in the morning too! Excedrin® PM Headache has 2 pain fighters plus a sleep aid. I can rest easy knowing I’ll wake up feeling much better.
7 Ways to Fight a Headache
- Make sure you’re hydrated. I always keep my Yeti cup full of water all year round. Staying hydrated is important and sometimes I think dehydration is a trigger for my headaches.
- Get enough sleep! My iphone has a bedtime setting. I set how many hours I need (7 hours!!) and my phone rings an alarm and tells me when I need to go to bed.
- Take Excedrin at the onset of pain. Don’t wait until your headache gets worse. It’s best to treat pain right away and avoid the prolonged pain that waiting to medicate can cause.
- Eat healthy. Some foods additives can trigger headaches. Choose fresh vegetables, fruits and unprocessed meat products and try to stay away from foods with additives!
- Keep peppermint oil in your purse. Massage your temple and forehead with it.
- Use ice-packs. An ice-pack placed on the back of your neck can help relieve some of the pain associated with tension headaches.
- Detox bath. If you have enough time add a cup of baking soda and essential oils to hot bath water and soak in it. Take time to relax and let that headache ease up!
I found my bottle of Excedrin ® in the pain relief aisle at Walmart. I trust Excedrin® for fast headache relief and I’m stocking up ’cause I’m not willing to miss any meaningful moments!
Make sure you use all Excedrin® products as directed and don’t let any kind of headache ruin your meaningful moments!
You can find out more about headache relief by clicking here!
Do you get the Resource Page?
Each week I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!