I started this blog back in August of 2015. You can read how I started out and how you can too in this post. I’ve learned so much in the past year about blogging.
I bought my domain and started Love More Live Blessed in August last year but didn’t actually launch until December, right before the holidays. I have a few posts I completed in November but I didn’t really promote my blog or get a handle on social media until January of 2016. I spent August through December learning everything I possibly could about blogging, finding my voice and trying to navigate social media.
What I can say after one full year of blogging is this– It’s so worth it and I am having so much fun! I have high hopes and big dreams for Love More Live Blessed and I’m very excited to see where the next year of blogging will take me.
Blogging has given me a creative outlet where I can just be me. I can share tips, tricks and products I believe in. And I can make some extra money to help support my family. I feel like it’s a win-win!
Lately I’ve been getting asked about blogging. How to get started? Where to find resources? While I love working with other bloggers 1 on 1. It’s just not possible all the time. I figured I’d share the resources and tips that have kept me going this year with a profitable blog income.
- December 2015: launched and promoted website. Income: $0
- January 2016: Started working on Twitter and Facebook pages for my blog. Income: $0
- Feburary 2016: Continued improvement with Twitter Income: $0
- March 2016: Started co-hosting the #HomeMattersParty which is a linky party. Income $0
- April 2016: Signed up with Linqia and did my very first sponsored post! Income $30
- May 2016: Signed up with Social Fabric and did another sponsored post. Income $464.80
- June 2016: More sponsored posts. Income $482.96
- July 2016: I received payment from a local business when doing a sponsored post & another post from Social Fabric Income $210
- August 2016: I received payment for a post done on July. Income $200
- September 2016: So far not so bad. I have not been paid out for a few campaigns that are still running so part of this month’s income I can’t report. Income $84.08
Total amount I have made from my blog: $1,471.84
As you can see blogging is by no means a “get rich quick” kinda thing. Patience and persistence pays off. For me this is a hobby that I absolutely love and I’m making money!
I’ve used my blogging money to pay bills, buy groceries and even pay part of our debt-free vacation this past summer. But, I must say, blogging is not for everyone. If you don’t like writing, blogging is probably not for you. I don’t mind writing but I have days where I just won’t write. Probably out of laziness or procrastination. I’m hoping those days are behind me ’cause writing this post out is encouraging me! 😉
How To Make Money Blogging
This company is sort of the middle man between bloggers and brands. Different brands work with Linqia and they reach out to us bloggers and let us know if we’d be a good fit for a certain campaign. Typically you do a post on your website and then you get paid per click to the website they want you to drive traffic to. Once I write my post I heavily promote on Twitter (and a little on FB) I’ve only had 1 campaign where I didn’t get all my clicks and I think it was because I was not using Twitter right. I still got paid for the amount of clicks that did go through my website. Linqia pays via PayPal.
Sign up with Linqia. All you need is at least 2,500 followers. I was accepted once I got my twitter to 2,500. If you’re not quite at 2,500 followers check out Saira. She is amazing and is the reason I was so encouraged to increase my Twitter followers.
If you already have 2,500 followers you can SIGN UP!
This company is different from Linqia. Once you are accepted you can apply for different campaigns. They typically pay very well. Once accepted you work with the campaign leader to get your post done and post on social media. There is no paid to click. It’s one payment for the entire post. I’ve done a few posts with Social Fabric and they are absolutely wonderful to work with. They pay via direct deposit.
I do have ads on my blog. I feel like it’s such an easy way to accumulate a bit of money. In all honestly I have had google adsense since January and have only made about $13. I don’t think you can get a payout until you reach $100 so I’m not counting it as part of my income. I don’t plan on taking my ads (I may only have 1 up) down though–only because I know my traffic keeps increasing each month and it will make the ads worth it.
Courses & Resources
Here are some resources that I recommend. I bought each one of these courses and feel like they really helped me out! These are my affiliate links 🙂
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing by the affiliate marketing genius Michelle @ Making Sense of Cents **This course comes with a Pinterest Guide that is incredible and is one of the main reasons my traffic from Pinterest is increasing.
- The Ultimate Beginner Blogger Course by Rosilind @ Christian Bloggers Community
- Blog Traffic Ebook by Lena @ What Mommy Does -So much of this book made sense to me. I even printed it out, it was so helpful!
Happy Blog-A-Versary to me! I am so happy to be doing what I love and I’m learning every step of the way. I’m so optimistic about the opportunities for Love More Live Blessed and grateful for every single comment, share and like on my blog and across social media. Thank you!
If you feel like you’re ready to start a blog, you can check out my How To Start A Blog post.
Ps. You’re awesome! Don’t forget to sign up for my email list!
Do you get the Resouce Page?
Each week (or every other week) I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!
- Cool stuff I find out about.