This review was made possible by iConnect and Luvs. I was provided compensation to facilitate this post, but all opinions stated are 100% mine.”
Saving money with a newborn baby can seem like a hard thing to do. There are so many baby products out there, how do you know what’s right for your baby?
Basically, you find out through experience. You’ll see which products are useful (like car seats, diapers, clothing) and you’ll see the things you basically just lost money to – the wipe warmer, baby shoes and the baby food maker (I mean hello, you own a blender don’t ya?).
Looking back at pictures of my son, I can see I was such a “first time’ mom. You know, everything had to be new, I just NEEDED that wipe warmer thingy and I wanted to use the very best (read: most expensive) things for my baby.
Now, I don’t thinking wanting to use the very best things for your baby is wrong. But, I also don’t think most expensive = the best.
The second time around, parenting a newborn and saving money was a whole lot easier!
I felt more prepared after having my daughter because I had an idea of what I was up against: sleepless nights, vomit stained clothing, dirty diapers, you know the drill.
I also felt prepared because I knew using Luvs diapers would save me money. I bought the expensive diapers for my first baby and switched to Luvs a few months after he was born.
With Gabby, I started using Luvs right away. I knew I could trust the diapers to lock away wetness. My daughter is now potty trained but we will continue to purchase Luvs for the newest baby (my nephew) in our family, Baby Joseph, who will be here in a few short months.
And for the new moms and soon-to-be moms here are my tips for saving money with a newborn:
- don’t buy the baby wipe warmer
- breastfeed if you can
- don’t buy expensive newborn shoes
- skip the diaper stacker and put your diapers in basket or keep ’em in the box
- skip the expensive bedding set, remember it will be puked and peed on
- I’m going to mention the baby food maker again, don’t buy it 🙂
- don’t buy a formula mixer, trust me, you CAN shake a baby bottle and mix the formula yourself
Luvs Ultra Leakguard Diapers with NightLock Plus™ are softer, with large stretch tabs for easy fastening, ultra-leakage protection and a money-back guarantee. I feel like Luvs diapers have all the features of the premium brands for less.
Here are a few things I love about Luvs
- refastenable stretch tabs give baby a snug fit
- leaks stay in the diaper so baby stays dry
- the cottony material feels gentle on baby’s skin
- the money back guarantee –why not try them??!
Want to save money on Luvs?
You can print a coupon for $2.00 OFF any one diaper pack
Do you get the Resouce Page?
Each week (or every other week) I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!
- Cool stuff I find out about.