Please scroll down to the update at the bottom of the page!
If you’re coffee addicted (like me) and looking for the next coffee maker to make you happy each and every morning, keep on reading! I’ve used all sorts of coffee makers: a BUNN coffee pot, a regular coffee pot, a Keurig and finally I am using (and LOVE) the Ninja Single Serve Coffee Bar.
I feel like the Ninja Single Serve Coffee Bar is a step up from the Keurig and it’s a game changer for making fancy-Starbuck-like drinks at home.
Ninja Single Serve Coffee Bar Review
What is it?
It’s a coffeemaker that allows you to custom brew to control the strength and style of your coffee.
This review covers the single serve product, I didn’t opt for the Ninja Coffee Bar system because I’m pretty much the only one who drinks coffee at home.
The Ninja Single Serve Coffee Bar comes with:
- Permanent Filter
- Removable Water Reservoir
- Ninja Smart Scoop
- Built-In Hot & Cold Frother
- 22 oz. XL Multi-Serve Tumbler with Lid & Straw
There’s also a recipe guide in the box that has some pretty fun coffee recipes.
How can it be used in everyday life?
This coffee maker has variable richness settings. All this means is you can have different types of coffee like:
- Classic- hot, smooth balanced flavor
- Rich- more intense, stands up to milk, cream and flavorings
- Over Ice- brews fresh, hot coffee over ice to lock in flavor
- Cafe Forte- smooth, full-bodied, ideal with a touch of frothed milk or black
- Specialty- strongest, richest flavor, best for iced and frozen blended coffeehouse-style drinks.
So basically, you can make hot drinks, cold drinks and blended style drinks right at home.
How have I used the product and for how long?
I’ve had this coffee maker since December. I’ve used it every single morning since then. Probably boring my Snapchat [add me: CrystalMendez08] friends to death with all of my morning coffee pics and videos 😉
I like to add this collagen into my coffee every day because it really works to grow hair and nails. When I used the Keurig I would have to make my coffee, add the collagen and then blend in small blender.
Now, I add the collagen to half and half, I froth using the frother attachment and then brew my coffee right on top. It’s a perfect way to get in a healthy latte.
- the built in frother is so awesome, easy to clean
- the coffee system is easy to assemble and easy to clean
- pod-free, I can grind my own coffee and have it exactly how I like it
- the clean button will light up when the coffee maker needs to be cleaned
- the variety of coffee I can make at home
- the double side scoop attaches to the side of the coffeemaker so you can’t lose it
- I can brew on the XL multi-serve setting and make exactly enough for my husband and I (whenever he decides to drink a cup)
- the size of the water reservoir (I feel like it’s a bit small and have had a few mornings where I’m waiting and waiting for coffee only to realize I didn’t put water in there)
- I really wish the single serve system had the programmable delay brew. My mom has the Carafe System with Pod-free Single Serve and she’s able to program.
Don’t forget to price check!
I bought my Ninja Single Serve Coffee System at Sam’s club. I found it for $99, my sister recently found it her Sam’s for $79!
You can read more about this coffeemaker on Amazon. I see it has 4.4 out 5 star reviews which is pretty great.
Overall I’m extremely satisfied with my coffeemaker and I hope this review helps you decide if you want to step up your coffee game!
UPDATE—— Nov. 2017
I am on the hunt for the next best coffee maker. I can’t say I would purchase this again. My unit stopped brewing the full cup of coffee and when I called Ninja customer service I was really happy to be sent a new one. Unfortunately, that coffee maker was also faulty. Plus, my mom got one for xmas 2017 and hers lasted about 6-7 months before she had the same issue. When she called recently she was told she would have to pay $27 in shipping fees for a new product to be sent out.
I also reached out since my 2nd unit was faulty. I was told the same thing. I just do not feel comfortable paying more money for another base when I am not even sure it will work.
If you get on their Facebook page you’ll see TONS of people are complaining. I don’t feel right promoting something that doesn’t work and/or a company that I feel does not stand behind their product. I do not like to be a complainer. But the truth is, this coffee maker is not the best out there. Send me some good vibes people, you know I love my coffee and now I’m on the hunt for a new coffee maker!
Do you get the Resource Page?
Each week I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!