I’ve been a nurse for 5 years now. I graduated from a vocational school for LVN’s (licensed vocational nurses) and hit the ground running to get my nursing skills up to par. I started out as a telemetry nurse at a local hospital and eventually found my way to a company that lets me work from home!
I’ve met so many great nurses that have turned into great friends. Recently, our company paid for all of us in south Texas to meet for Christmas. We stayed at the Omni Hotel in Corpus Christi and had dinner at the Republic of Texas Bar and Grill.
It was special because as remote workers we don’t always get that “team” feeling. We’re working out of our homes, in a quiet office or closed off part of the house.
Two of the ladies I had not met before – only talked with them over the phone!
My co-worker (and wonderful friend) Adriana and I shared a room. We’re both moms and I think she’s such an amazing and fun person. We made the 2 hour trip to Corpus and laughed and caught up the whole way there.
You know those friends you can lose touch with for a bit but when you see them again you’re right back to where you left off?
She’s one of those and I’m so glad we got to spend some girl time together! This picture is grainy because it’s a selfie, but we had a blast out on the balcony of our room.
Our friend in the room across from us had this gorgeous view. I loved how the bridge changed colors!
Dinner was Ahhmazing! Seriously. I never had prime ribeye before and from now on I’ll be a WAY more expensive date for my husband!
The Republic of Texas Bar and Grill located inside the Omni Hotel is fancy, beautiful and has amazing panoramic views of Corpus Christi Bay. We had a late dinner and the night was stormy. I loved watching the lightning flash over the ocean and the city while we enjoyed cocktails and dinner.
Can you guess how happy I was when I saw this room full of wine?!
I was in the Christmas spirit and found beautifully decorated trees all over the hotel.
- parking at the hotel is valet or self park in a parking garage (I think the self park is around $12–not too bad)
- this hotel is right across from the bay, you’ll smell the ocean air-it’s wonderful!
- you can add a breakfast buffet to your stay ($19), it’s a great buffet featuring omelets, waffles, breads, eggs, biscuits, gravy, fruit, gluten-free items…there’s just so much.
- breakfast is in The Glass Pavilion . Depending on where you are seated you may have an ocean view.
- the outdoor pool is beautiful and if you travel during the winter season you’ll notice there’s a bit of the outdoor pool that is inside, and there’s an indoor hot-tub.
- you’re close to the Selena statue, you can walk there!
- the room we had did not have a fridge or microwave, so plan accordingly or make sure you ask if you can book a room with a fridge/micro
- personally, I think this hotel is great for couples, you don’t even have to leave your hotel to have a fancy dinner, visit a coffee shop or grab an ocean view breakfast. I would stay here again!
Are you traveling to Corpus Christi? I’d love to know your recommendations!
Do you get the Resource Page?
Each week I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!