It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I really do think it is! I have rounded up some local San Antonio Christmas events that are great for families this year.
Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love the holiday cheer and the cooler Texas weather. I do miss the Michigan snow though!
Christmastime for my family is about making memories, like the time I started a (small) kitchen fire when making tamales….it was an accident and I am a way better cook now!
My favorite Christmas memories from childhood:
- Playing in the snow or just watching the snow fall…so beautiful!
- Picking out our real Christmas tree each year and decorating it as a family!
- Christmas Eve meant a big family gathering where we opened all of our presents.
6 Fun Christmas Events in San Antonio
- Six Flags Holidays in the Park: Six Flags transforms the park into a holiday wonderland from November 21-January 3rd. They will have live shows, meet Santa and watch the elves working in the shop! Six Flags also has a Holiday Express Train. You can learn more by clicking here.
- Santa’s Ranch has over a mile of holiday lights and displays. You and your family can drive through enjoying the sights and listening to Christmas music! The price is per the carload–$28 per vehicle. They also sell yummy snacks like homemade hot cocoa and kettle corn. This one is definitely on our Christmas bucket list this year!
- Santa’s Railroad Wonderland–Open Saturday and Sunday in December from 6pm to 9 pm. This is a 40 acre site that is decorated in Christmas decor and includes a train ride. Adults are $10, Kids 2-12 are $7 and kids 2 & under are free. They have a family special with 2 adults and five children under 12 for $30. They also have active military discounts, the same family special for military families is only $18! Check out their website by clicking on their name above, you won’t want to pass this up this year.
- Enchanted Springs Ranch “Cowboy Christmas”-This ranch is set as an authentic old western town. Our family visited last year and we loved it, they have a wagon ride through their beautiful land that is full of fun animals to see. We didn’t go during the Christmas season, but want to this year. They have Christmas caroling and music and a Cowboy Santa to take pictures with. Their website says their set will become a “Christmas Western Wonderland” with lots of activities for the kids. This ranch is located in Borene, which is not too far away. Prices:Adults: $14, Military/Seniors: $12, Children (Ages 3-12): $7, Kids under 3: Free
- The Nutcracker by Ballet San Antonio is a great way to kick off of the holiday season. This is performed at the Tobin Center and tickets start at $29. This is probably not a good fit for my 2 year old but I bet my 8 yr old will love it! This show is only during the first two weeks of December, click here to see show times.
- Klove Christmas Concert This concert is coming to the Laurie Auditorium on December 20th. Performers are Tenth Avenue North, Natalie Grant, Sidewalk Prophets, Danny Gokey. Tickets range from $29 and up. We went as a family last year and my husband and I loved it! PS. They are in need of volunteers in exchange for free tickets to the show, check out the volunteer opportunities!
Do you get the Resource Page?
Each week I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!