Espada Park is right along Military Road on the South side of San Antonio.
It’s a gorgeous place to hang out with the family and cookout (there are benches and BBQ pits set up around the park) or you can explore!
There are trails you can walk, run or bike through. The view is gorgeous because the trail runs along the side of the river. You’ll see people fishing, kayaking or canoeing.
We recently spent a Sunday afternoon at Espada Park.
We let the kids play along the water and near the (what we call) “mini-waterfall.” We walked around the park with our dog, Lola and enjoyed the cooler Winter weather.
I had fun watching my kids explore.
They jumped along the rocks.
Searched for fish and frogs.
Collect sticks and stones.
And smiled. A lot.
You know when you have those good days? Those days when you feel so grateful for everything you have. The days when things went mostly good and you don’t really have much to complain about?
This was one of those good days. My worries were small and my heart was full.
Tips for Visiting Espada Park
- There are porta potties throughout the park. Nothing fancy. Bring hand sanitizer.
- Bring cash. Sometimes there are food trucks or ice cream trucks over by the waterfall.
- Or pack snacks. We took strawberries, cubed cheese and water bottles.
- Wear comfy shoes!
This is part of the San Antonio Living Series. If you’d like to see your business featured or you know of a place I should include, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on Instagram
Do you get the Resource Page?
Each week I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!