Planning a weekend getaway can get frustrating. There’s so much to think about. The kids. The food. Will there even be a decent cup of coffee around? Maybe that last one is just me, but I doubt it! I was definitely not in the mood for planning a getaway when I noticed the Groupon for The River Inn Resort.
Need to escape the outside world?
Think back and try to remember the best family vacation you had as a child. Did your family go to the same spot every year? Did you look forward to getting away? This resort is definitely one of those places that I could come back to each year.
Now, the last resort I stayed in was in Disney World and it was amazing! So I wondered about this Texan resort and quickly realized it was not like the Disney resort at all. And that’s not a bad thing. Trust me.
The River Inn Resort is located north of San Antonio in Hunt, Texas . And if you’re looking for a relaxing, peaceful, country getaway, you’re in luck.
I was absolutely amazed by the beauty of nature surrounding the resorts. The roads leading to the resort are winding and follow the Guadalupe River, tall, beautiful trees line the road. You’ll notice deer just sittin’ on the side of the roads, enjoying the gorgeous day.
“The best time to love with your whole heart is always now, in this moment, because no breath beyond the current is promised.” -Fawn Weaver It’s our long over due honeymoon. Our 5 year anniversary is coming up so we decided to sneak away. I wish we’d done it sooner because this is amazing. ❤❤❤ there’s wine, fireplaces and the sound of the river…..perfect!
Tips for visiting The River Inn Resort
The room we booked had a full kitchen (they all do) complete with a coffee maker (yasss! ‘Cause I brought my own coffee!) and pots, pans, cups and such.
Our room wasn’t fancy. I wouldn’t compare it to staying at the Omni or anything like that. But, it was incredibly cozy and it basically had everything we needed: bed, couch, small dining table, fridge, kitchen items and a shower. Besides, once you see the beautiful river you won’t want to spend time in your room anyway.
My favorite part of the River Inn Resort was the river! You can canoe, fish and swim. Or just sit outside your room by a fireplace and hang out.
I’m definitely dreaming of everything we can do once we take our kids there. My husband and I went this first time alone and the experience was incredibly relaxing.
The River Inn Resort is one of those places that you want to keep going back to year after year. I want my kids to have the memories of being delighted in nature and stepping away from the electronics that consume our lives.
Things to know
- There’s limited housekeeping services.
- No breakfast is offered but you have everything you need in your room to cook.
- Personally, I would bring my crock pot or instant pot next time and a good amount of groceries.
- Bring loose change, they have a fun game room.
- The website says they have the canoe rentals but when we went they actually let everyone use them for free. Not sure if this is all the time but it was nice!
- Make sure you pack food because you’ll be out in the country, it takes a while to get to a food place!
- Bring your fishing poles and supplies. This was a fun part of our getaway, I learned how to fish. Never caught anything…..but we saw tons of fish, turtles and other river creatures.
- They have picnic tables and grills outdoor that are free to use.
- I’d grab s’more supplies and sit by the fire at night. Doesn’t that sound awesome?
- There’s an area for swimming, fishing and canoeing, make sure to bring your bathing suits.
Close by is Fredericksburg, TX. One of my favorite places to visit because it’s basically wine country. And you know I love wine!
You can book your visit to The River Inn Resort or just check out what they’re all about by clicking here.
We had a great experience at The River Inn Resort and we can’t wait to get back there.
PIN & ADD TO YOUR VACATION BOARD
Do you get the Resouce Page?
Each week (or every other week) I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!
- Cool stuff I find out about.