Towards the end of 2017 I resolved to acting more like a grown up and keeping myself put together. I learned how to curl my hair with a straightener and a wand in 2017. I learned how to apply false eyelashes (love ’em!) and a few new makeup techniques.
But, the best thing I learned was how to do my own nails!
After discovering the Naked Manicure kit (I found it through researching for my gift guide) I might never go back to a nail salon again!
NAKED MANICURE REVIEW
Let me start off by saying that I have a full shellac nail kit. My sister gave me her set which included the special light, the nail polish, and the nail polish removers.
I’ve used it several times throughout the year and each time within a few days my polish would chip and it would irritate me!
As much as I want my nails/hands to look good, I don’t want to spend $40-50 at the nail salon AND I don’t want to spend an hour doing it myself at home only to watch it chip within a few days.
Can you relate?
Anyway, in comes the Naked Manicure set. I must admit, I was a bit skeptical. I mean, come on, I’m no nail artist. But, I read through the Amazon reviews and I figured I might as well give it a try.
My first impression: Wow, this is SO easy!
There are 4 bottles of polish included in the set. Here’s how I do my own nails with it:
- Trim my nails. I like my nails short.
- Apply 1 coat of the clear polish base.
- Apply 2 coats of the pink base.
- Carefully add a white tip to my nails. Note–the first few times I applied a very thin white tip. This last time I used a thicker line and I liked that look better than a thin white tip.
- Apply 1 coat of the satin seal.
I let my nails dry for a few minutes and I’m good to go for about 1 week.
I like using this kit because:
- I can do my nails myself usually within 30 minutes or less.
- This formula dries quickly.
- I feel like this lasts longer than regualr nail polish and some shellac polishes I have used.
- My nails look beautiful and make me feel good.
Instant and long-term benefits:
- Neutralize unsightly discoloration
- Refine nail plate surface
- Smooth ridges
- Prefect free edge
- Create a natural healthy tone and finish
- Supports cellular renewal
- Improve oxygenation
- Enhance flexibility and strength
- Increase hydration and resilience
My verdict: I’ll definitely keep using this nail kit. I get tons of compliments on my nails and my mom thinks I keep going to the nail salon. I actually look forward to doing my nails and count it towards my “self-care” time. My hands always look beautiful, which make me feel more “put-together” which in turn, makes me feel self-confident and good about myself. Plus, I’m saving time since this kit only takes about 30 minutes for me to do myself. And I’m saving money and time at the nail salon. Win, win!
Check this kit out for yourself. Don’t forget to read the reviews!
Do you get the Resource Page?
Each week I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!