Organization isn’t about perfection. It’s about efficiency, reducing stress and clutter, saving time and money, and improving your overall quality of life. –Christina Scalise
I know you want to be organized in 2017 because you’re reading this post. I also want to be organized in 2017. I feel like the last half of 2016 literally flew by.
So whether you’re awesome at organization and are looking for the best planners and products out there, or you suck at being organized, arrive (un)fashionably all the time and need help to stay on track, you found the right post.
Let’s dive right in and take a look at the highest rated, best planners and accessories.
The planner I used all year was my Erin Condren Life Planner. I reviewed it in this post and for the most part I really loved how much room I had to write things in.
The Life Planner worked well because I was juggling a full time job, blogging, and appointments for my kids and grandparents. Plus, it has tons of room for me to write notes.
I used the pages towards the back of the book to make a master list of passwords for bill paying. And I used extra pages at the end of each month to write blogging notes and blogging ideas.
I won’t be buying another Erin Condren planner for 2017. Not because I don’t love it (I really do) but, because my sister bought me a new planner to try out….
My first impression:
- it’s smaller than the Life Planner. It’ll fit in my purse better!
- has a monthly layout which I love because I need to visually see the entire month all at once
- the week is organized in with time-blocking (which is awesome because that is the way I want to get organized in 2017, by time-blocking)
- there’s a box called: Good Things That Happened yay! I can write my daily gratitude in this box and no need for a journal.
- each week has a quote & a tip to improve your daily life
- there are 2 to-lists on each weekly layout. One for your work and one for your personal life. PERFECT!
- at the end of the month there is a 2 page spread called Monthly Reflections which asks you questions about the previous month and forces you to look at your Passion Roadmap so you can check off any steps you completed that take you closer to your goals.
- the end of the book has blank pages and bullet journal pages to use as you please.
- there’s a pocket at the back of the book
Overall I’m very excited to use my Passion Planner. I love that it’s smaller and will fit in my purse or work bags. I love the reflection pages and I am excited to use the bullet journaling pages to keep track of blog goals for 2017. I also like how this planner becomes a keepsake. With all that journaling and reflecting throughout the year I can save the planner and look back on my life at the end of the year.
my favorite pens
These Paper Mate InkJoy pens are my #1 choice. I love these pens because they come in fun colors. They write well and they don’t smear on either the Erin Condren Life Planner or the Passion Planner. I fell in love with these pens when I was teaching nursing students and now I buy them a few times a year!
Sharpie pens are great go-tos for writing in planners. These pens won’t bleed through and the fine point makes them easy to write with. I used these a lot in my Erin Condren planner and plan to keep using them with my Passion planner.
If you’re looking for a simple pen, these BIC Round Stic are my favorites when it comes to just regular pens. I swear I feel like I can write neater with it! And with 4.7 stars on Amazon I know a lot of other people feel the same way.
So for me as long as I have good pens and a decent planner I’m good. I can organize my life and move on.
But…some of you need…wait for it…..STICKERS. Why?
I honestly have no idea.
And that’s okay. It’s not all about it me and I get that 😉
So here are some cool stickers I found on Etsy. Some of them are super cute and may make me want to add stickers all up in my planner. IDK, yet though.
A few more things you may need for your planner
- post it notes
- double sided tape (if you want to add pictures in your passion planner)
I think that’s about everything you could possibly need to set up your planner for 2017.
Of course the number one thing you’ll need to be successful with planning is TIME.
Trust me, nothing is worse than grabbing a beautiful planner, awesome supplies and then wasting it all by not paying attention to your planner. I have more than a handful of blank pages in my Life Planner and I want next year to be different!
Here are a few ways I’m going to use my planner more in 2017
- Review my planner before bed each night. Look at what I have on schedule for the next day so I can be prepared.
- Drink coffee and review my planner each morning. Start crossing things off my to-do list and plan out my day.
- Bring my planner with me. My last planner was a bit chunky so I didn’t like carrying in my purse. The passion planner is smaller and will fit in my bag.
- Use the blank pages in the back for my bill paying calendar.
- Use the graph pages in the back to do bullet journaling for my blog stats
Ok. This is it for now guys! I’m so excited to start a new year and keep track of everything in the Passion Planner.
Let me know what your favorite planner and planning tools are in the comments!
Do you get the Resource Page?
Each week I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!