If you’ve been on the fence about starting a blog this is the perfect tutorial to get you started. You can make money blogging but you can’t if you never start. You can take a look at my blog’s first income report here.
I haven’t made thousands and thousands but my blog has generated a steady flow of income.
If you want to sign up through bluehost use my link and get the best pricing. You can get a free domain + 1 year of hosting for cheap. So if you’re still on the fence now is the time to act. Your initial investment is less than $90 and you’ll own your own website. How cool is that?!
I use Bluehost for my domain and hosting. I’ve been with them for one year and I can readily say I’m happy with their service. I like that I can reach an actual person when I need to and their website is user friendly.
I feel like after one year of blogging (with months and months of no plan) I’m ready to take my blog to the next level. I’m excited about the income my blog is generating and I’m counting on this blog to help us get out of debt.
I think the best thing about blogging is that there is room for everyone. Are you an awesome cook? Start a foodie blog. Love to craft? Show us how to make the same things you’re working on! Blogging is so versatile. You’re your own boss. You choose when to work and how to run your business. You don’t have to work with anyone you don’t want to. You don’t have to work when you don’t want to. Work during nap time, lunch breaks, while commuting. The possibilities are endless and you can make money blogging.
How to set up your bluehost account.
- Brainstorm and choose your domain name, mine is Love More Live Blessed. You can do this directly through bluehost and you’ll get a free domain for the first year as long as you buy one full year of hosting.
- Choose the basic plan for hosting. It comes out to less than $90 for one whole year! This basic plan is really all you need to get started. If you want to snag your blog up for the $3.45 per month you need to purchase it in full for 36 months. My best suggestion is choosing basic, choosing 12 months and paying $5.95 for 12 months. That way your start off total is low, less than $90 to launch your blog! Also–just an FYI, if you do decide to cancel Bluehost does offer refunds. You’ll get back what you don’t pay for, so there’s no risk involved.
- Install WordPress.
- Bluehost will send you a welcome email. From there go into your cPanel. Look for the icon that says “One Click Install.”
- Click on the WordPress Icon under Blogs.
- Click on the “Start” icon.
- After the installation, use the dropdown menu and click on the domain you want to choose.
- Click on “Advanced Options.” Choose a username and password for your WordPress website. Choose something secure so you don’t get hacked. Use a combination of letters and numbers.
- Click on “Automatically create a new database for this installation.”
- Click on “Install Now.”
- Don’t forget to save all of your usernames and passwords in a secure area. This is the fun part about blogging you will have tons of log-in information to save.
This whole process should take you less than 15 minutes. Now, that’s if you already know what your domain name is going to be. I really recommend brainstorming the best domain name for you. I went through 3 domain names when I started out and it was a pain in the butt! Trust me. Brainstorm first. The get on bluehost and start your blog!
BONUS****if you use my link to go through Bluehost let me know! I’d be happy to offer you a free blog review once your blog is ready. I had a blog review halfway through my first year and the feedback was invaluable!
Pin this post. Get your $90 ready and start your blog. Just do it. What do you have to lose??
Do you get the Resouce Page?
Each week (or every other week) I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!
- Cool stuff I find out about.