I have always been a stubborn person. I’m a Taurus for goodness sake. Most of the time things have to go my way or no way. (I’m working on this!) The book, A Woman of Strength and Purpose by Cynthia Ulrich Tobias opened my eyes to how I can use my bold spirit to serve others.
Are You A Strong Willed Woman?
If you’ve ever been accused of being too bossy, too controlling, too intense; if you’ve ever struggled with letting your husband lead or gone toe-to-toe with your stubborn children; if you’ve ever wondered why the skills that make you so good at your job don’t work at all in personal relationships; if you often wonder why some people don’t just snap out of it…
Sound like you?
If it does, this book is for you. Why? Because I am sure you’ve experienced what happens when good strong will goes bad.
- not wanting to admit you’re wrong, instead try to make the other person look just as wrong as you
- become controlling or manipulative
- have no patience
- become bossy and irritable
It’s a little hard to write this post. Every one of the situations has happened to me before, often times all of them in one day. I’ve ended up feeling defeated, (even after I won arguments) and deflated (because of how I treated others.)
So what are we to do?
…to allow God to work in us and to shape us to be in line with His will, and that takes a conscious act of our wills-to surrender to Him, to let Him take over.
I agree. Sounds easier said than done.
The great thing about this book is the real world examples. The author surveyed over four hundred woman who responded with honest and intimate glimpses into their lives.
“It takes one to know one.” Are you a strong willed woman and who else do you know that is one?
I received this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for my honest review 🙂
Do you get the Resource Page?
Each week I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!