Don’t skip this if you’ve read title and are thinking, “But, Crystal, I don’t like martinis.” I didn’t think I liked martinis either. Until I went to SoHO Wine & Martini Bar and tried a Chocolate Covered Strawberry Martini. Bam! I fell in love with the taste, sweet and not too strong. A perfect night cap when you’ve had a long day (you know the ones) and wine just ain’t cutting it.
The problem I encountered was obvious. I can’t run to the wine and martini bar every time I want a drink! I’d probably be there way too often because raising a 3 year old gets crazy.
Crazy Stuff the 3 year old says and does:
- “I love you but I don’t care about you”
- “I told you I was going to be good today not helpful”
- “Mom you better watch out, because I love you” ***this one might be a threat she sounds mean when she says it! I don’t know how to take it and she says it to me ALL the time!
- After leaving a play date I complimented her on how well she behaved she responded with “When you weren’t looking I hit someone.”
- Decides that throwing every single toy down the stairs is better than actually playing with them
Anyway…the solution to the problem was easy.
Figure out how to make the martini at home. I looked up a few recipes, tweaked it to my own liking and realized —Crap! This is too good I really shouldn’t make it every day.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Martini
1/2 cup half and half
1 shot of vodka (add more if you like it stronger)
1 Tablespoon of chocolate syrup or sauce * I use this one
5 pureed strawberries (I let my frozen strawberries thaw and throw them in my small blender)
3-4 ice cubes
- Mix everything into a shaker cup, strain into your martini glass.
- Add a strawberry for garnish and top with a little more chocolate sauce if you like.
Don’t forget to PIN!
Enjoy these other Valentine’s Day posts from Love More Live Blessed
Need help meal planning?
Try keeping track of what you plan on making for a week. Just one week and see if that makes a difference. Sign up and you'll get the meal plan printable for FREE right in your inbox!