Dia del Niño
This is a traditional holiday that is celebrated across Mexico and many Latin American countries. Children have parties at school and continue to celebrate at home with their parents. Popular games include loteria (my 10 year old loves it) and soccer.
I am definitely inspired by HERDEZ® to get my kids in the kitchen with me! I created this simple but delicious Salsa Verde Chicken. I love that we can use the chicken for tacos, flautas, burritos, or salads. I plan on making homemade tortillas with my kids and the crockpot can take care of the chicken!
So don’t forget, April 30th is Dia del Niño! Make sure you plan a special meal–something quick and easy (like this recipe) so that you have more time to hang out with the kiddos! We are planning on playing UNO, Pie Face and loteria, cooking tortillas together and just enjoying the family time.
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 16oz Herdez Salsa Verde
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp minced garlic **optional
- Pour half a cup of the salsa into your slow cooker.
- Arrange your chicken breast on top.
- Season with salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin and minced garlic.
- Pour the rest of the jar of salsa verde on top.
- Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours OR Cook on HIGH for 3.5-4.5 hours.
- After chicken is cooked you can transfer to a bowl or cutting board to shred chicken. Then return to slow cooker.
- Serve in tortillas for amazing chicken tacos, over salads or along side rice and beans.
Herdez ® is also doing a giveaway! Cooking lessons and trivia prizes! Check them out on Facebook for more information, don’t forget to enter!
How do you plan on celebrating your child? Leave us your great ideas in the comments!
Do you get the Resouce Page?
Each week (or every other week) I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!
- Cool stuff I find out about.