These easy chocolate covered pretzels are simple to make. I had my boys help me out and they loved it! I loved spending time with them and we all loved eating the pretzels!
The best thing about chocolate covered pretzels is that you can dress them up however you please. We kept it simple. I had the chocolate candy melt on hand as well as green sprinkles so we stuck with that.
- 1 package of pretzel twists
- 1 container of CandiQuick (look at Walmart)
- Sprinkles for topping
- Parchment paper
- Melt your chocolate as indicated on the label. With the CandiQuick you place it a bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Dip your pretzels into your chocolate and tap off excess chocolate.
- Place pretzels onto parchment paper and sprinkle with topping OR allow pretzel to dry (candy will harden) and dip again AND then you top with your sprinkles.
- The ones we dipped twice had a thicker chocolate coating but we grew tired of waiting so we dipped most only once and I think they were just as good!
- Allow the chocolate to harden on the pretzels and eat!
The boys and I had tons of fun making these. I had my son and three nephews helping me! My 5 year-old nephew is very particular about coming over my home. Usually he just doesn’t want to come over. Heart breaker! This time though, I told him about how much I needed his help to make the pretzels and of course that he’d be able to eat some. To my surprise he jumped at the opportunity to “help!” Little bugger, looks like I know how to get home over next time too 🙂
I love spending time with my family, especially my nephews and now I have a newborn niece to cuddle up with. Follow me on instagram to see what we’re up to!
I linked up a video from another blogger who I think is fabulous! Her pretzels look amazing! I’ll have to try to make them like that soon! The only thing that I would not use is the shortening–I read too many reviews that it threw the taste off.
Check out Walmart for this Candiquick
If you like these easy chocolate covered pretzels check out my other pretzel recipes:
Do you get the Resource Page?
Each week I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!