I love cooking for my family. I love baking and making breads from scratch. It’s really important to me to serve healthy dinners to my family. I would not be able to keep up with healthy dinners without some help from my Slow Cooker . My slow cooker is the 2nd most used appliance in my kitchen. Of course the #1 appliance is my coffee maker, helllooo!!
My slow cooker is a little over 3 years old. It’s fading and definitely does not look brand new. The great thing though, it still works like it’s brand new! My slow cooker is a lifesaver on busy nights! I put the ingredients in the slow cooker before I leave to work and by the time I am home BAM we have dinner! Just have to heat some veggies or another easy side dish.
Does Your Family Deserve Healthy Dinners?
Of course your family deserves healthy dinners and so do you! Every day we are bombarded with healthy options: kale, organic everything, quinoa, grass fed beef, the list goes on and on. Seriously, it doesn’t end. And it’s intimidating!
How can you make the best choices for your family? Healthy eating doesn’t have to be complicated. We keep dinner simple over here.
I typically plan 2-3 slow cooker meals per week. If you follow me on Pinterest, you’ll see my What’s for Dinner board and Yummy Food board both have a good amount of healthy dinners that can be made in a slow cooker. In fact, I just made Salsa Verde Chicken in my slow cooker and it came out GREAT.
Why I Love Using a Slow Cooker
- Saves time. Like I mentioned earlier- I put the ingredients in the slow cooker and off to work I go! When I return I have a delicious meal that is ready to be paired up with veggies, a salad or rice and beans or sweet potato fries.
- Flavorful. Slow cooking really helps bring out the flavor in your food. I especially love making pork roast in the slow cooker!
- Easy clean up. Since you’re just using the slow cooker, there is much less to clean up. This may be my favorite part, ’cause even though I am a [little] bit of clean freak, I’d rather spend my time doing something else 🙂
Recipes to Try
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas from Cooking Classy
Aaaahhmazzing Pork Roast found at add a pinch
The best Lemon Garlic Chicken from No. 2 Pencil
Subscribe [below] to see more posts like this one!
If you already have a slow cooker, share your favorite recipe!
Do you get the Resource Page?
Each week I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!