Children’s Day (El Día Del Niño) is celebrated as a tribute to children in Mexico on April 30 of each year. We like to celebrate El Día Del Niño by cooking and creating new recipes together as a family. Last year we made a Salsa Verde Chicken dinner together.
This year we went another route, something quick and easy and perfect for an after school snack–a smoothie recipe.
More specifically- a Trix Cereal Fruit Smoothie!
- 1/2 cup Trix Cereal
- 1/2 banana sliced
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup milk
- Add all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend well and enjoy!
Just to keep it real I’m gonna say it— My kids drive me nuts some days! And guess what, they’re gonna continue driving me crazy for the rest of my life. I’m sure
me and my 4 sisters still get on my mom’s nerves!
I really love how General Mills believes that food brings people together, their exclusive Cereal con Cariño series feature special guests and downloadable recipes.
I wholeheartedly agree that food brings people together, our Trix Cereal Fruit Smoothie had us in the kitchen playing around with ingredients, laughing while we filmed the girls making the smoothie and working together to make more because the kids couldn’t get enough!
I hope you get a chance to try out our smoothie recipe. The kids have been requesting it as an afternoon snack and I love how simple it is to whip up!
Learn more about Cereal con Cariño and let me know in the comments what you plan on doing for El Día Del Niño this year!
Do you get the Resource Page?
Each week I'll send you the latest Resource Page. In it, you'll find
- Handy tips for focusing on positivity throughout your week.
- Tricks for getting your kids to listen to your every word (just kidding,Girl-- I'm still working on getting my kids to listen!) But I will send you fun activity ideas for you and your kids to do together.
- Useful tools that I come across, like meal planning ideas and such!